The BASC Game and Deer team promotes sustainable deer management across the UK by providing advice to members on habitat and species management, developing and supporting best practice, offering deer stalking opportunities and influencing government policy in order to protect shooting. That’s why you should join BASC today.
The BASC Deer team plays a lead role in setting standards and providing training, for professional and recreational stalkers. We can also help members:
- Gain access to stalking though the BASC stalking schemes
- Give guidance and advice on stalking leases and agreements
- Give further help and guidance on best practice in stalking
BASC takes a lead role as a representative body for both professional and recreational deer stalkers and managers. We contribute to the formulation of government policy, ensuring that all decision makers are aware that the most effective and humane method of managing deer is culling by shooting. In this respect deer stalkers represent a major resource for the effective management of deer, including the control of deer damage to farming, forestry and nature conservation interests.
BASC “ahead of the curve” when it comes to representation of women on governing council.
BASC “delighted” that so many people have shown strength of feeling on the issue.
Deer Training Courses
|30 Nov 2018 - 03 Dec 2018||Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Essex Shooting School, Epping, Essex **Fully Booked**|
|Essex Shooting School, Woodside, Thornwood Nr Epping|
|22 Feb 2019 - 25 Feb 2019||DSC1 Course - Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland|
|Baronscourt Estate, Baronscourt, Newtownstewart|
Gamekeepers’ Welfare Trust STAG Training Course
This half day course has been specifically designed for gamekeepers ghillies and stalkers and those with management responsibilities within the gamekeeping profession and shooting community.
The course covers 3 sessions:
- Professional Journey
- Mental Health & coping Strategies
- Team Motivation
- Deer Management
- BASC & The Deer Initiative
- BASC members insurance
- BASC’s ST-2 Shooting Simulator
- Best Practice Guidance – Deer
- Chronic Wasting Disease
- Contact us – Deer
- Deer events
- Deer Stalker Training
- Head Measuring
- Humane dispatch insurance
- Introduction to Woodland Deer Stalking film
- Meet the Team – Deer Management
- Related links
- Scottish highland deer stalking – an introduction
- Services to Members
- Stalking Schemes
- Tendering for a Forest Enterprise Deer Control Licence
- The Wild Game Guide
- Wild Boar
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.