BASC is the only UK shooting organisation with a dedicated Firearms Team which can deal with all aspects of firearms ownership whether it be legislative, technical or practical. That’s why you should join BASC today.
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NaBIS) urge shooting community to stay safe. Those who own firearms and use them for work or leisure activity are being reminded to take steps to prevent themselves becoming vulnerable to criminals. Click here for further details
To help renew your certificates in time we recommend that you get your renewal applications to the police at least twelve weeks before the expiry of your certificate. Should you receive a police renewal reminder letter prior to twelve weeks, you should adhere to the guidance in the letter to obtain your renewal.
Letter asks environment secretary to consider a number of recommendations for resolving the current general licence “chaos”.
Home Office says annual review will not take place because of delays in implementing intended online licensing system and the need to review arrangements for police medical checks with applicants’ GPs
BASC is calling on Defra to reinstate the general licences that were withdrawn by Natural England last month as a matter of “absolute urgency”.
Events & Training Courses
|17 May 2019 - 20 May 2019||Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Knepp Estate, West Sussex **Fully Booked**|
|Knepp Estate, West Grinstead, Horsham|
|17 May 2019 - 20 May 2019||Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Lady's Wood Shooting School, Chipping Sodbury|
|Lady’s Wood, Mapleridge Lane, Horton|
|20 May 2019||BASC Members Birmingham Proof House Tour **FULLY BOOKED**|
|The Birmingham Proof House Museum, Banbury Street, Birmingham|
- Airgun guidance and fact sheets
- Applying for a firearm/shotgun certificate
- Certificate Renewals
- Colin Greenwood 1931-2017
- Contact Us – Firearms
- Firearm & Shotgun security – what do YOU do?
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2016 / 2017
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2017
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2018
- Firearms News
- Guidance and fact sheets
- Meet the Team – Firearms
- Q&A – Latest proposals for European Firearms Directive
- Related Links
- Services to Members
- Taking firearms abroad
- Violent Crime Reduction Act
- Visiting the UK to shoot
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers