BASC is the only UK shooting organisation with a dedicated Firearms Team which can deal with all aspects of firearms ownership whether technical, legal, practical or forensic. That’s why you should join BASC today.
Department telephone: 01244 573 010 Department fax: 01244 573 013 or email
For explosives legal advice: email
Please quote your membership number when you email or speak to a member of the team.
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NaBIS) urge shooting community to stay safe. Those who own firearms and use them for work or leisure activity are being reminded to take steps to prevent themselves becoming vulnerable to criminals. Click here for further details
Latest department publications
The normal number of firearm and shotgun renewals started in 2015 after a two-year “quiet” period. To help the police to renew your certificates in time we recommend that you get your renewal applications to them at least twelve weeks before the expiry of your certificate.
Events & Training Courses
|26 Jan||7 course Game-themed taster supper - Cornwall, South West|
|The Springer Spaniel, Treburley, Launceston|
|10 Feb||Guzzling Ganders|
|The Greedy Goose, The Greedy Goose , Esh|
|11 Feb||Shotgun Safety Officer Course - Lydney, Gloucestershire **Fully Booked**|
|D B C Leisure, Trowgreen Farm, Trowgreen, St Briavels, Lydney|
Funding will support conservation efforts on the Dyfi.
Groundbreaking study, part-funded by BASC, has revealed that walking causes 100 times more disturbance than wildfowling.
A tagged hen harrier that went missing last year has possibly been found alive.
An eight-week public consultation is seeking views on the implementation of new fees.
- Airgun guidance and fact sheets
- Applying for a firearm/shotgun certificate
- Certificate Renewals
- Changes to legislation
- Contact Us – Explosives
- Contact Us – Firearms
- Explosives Guidance
- Firearm & Shotgun security – what do YOU do?
- Firearms News
- Government Response to Firearms Control Inquiry
- Guidance and fact sheets
- Knives – advice and guidance
- Meet the Team – Firearms
- Police involvement with shooting
- Q&A – Latest proposals for European Firearms Directive
- Related Links
- Services to Members
- Taking firearms abroad
- Trade and consumer advice
- Violent Crime Reduction Act
- Visiting the UK to shoot
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £100,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers