BASC is the only UK shooting organisation with a dedicated Firearms Team which can deal with all aspects of firearms ownership whether it be legislative, technical or practical. That’s why you should join BASC today.
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NaBIS) urge shooting community to stay safe. Those who own firearms and use them for work or leisure activity are being reminded to take steps to prevent themselves becoming vulnerable to criminals. Click here for further details
To help renew your certificates in time we recommend that you get your renewal applications to the police at least twelve weeks before the expiry of your certificate. Should you receive a police renewal reminder letter prior to twelve weeks, you should adhere to the guidance in the letter to obtain your renewal.
BASC has submitted its response to a Home Office consultation on “offensive weapons”.
More than 5,000 people tried shooting sports in 2017 using BASC’s state-of-the-art shooting simulator.
Steven Griffiths is BASC’s new Wales director.
Events & Training Courses
|08 Dec 2017 - 11 Dec 2017||DSC1 course - Essex Shooting School, Epping, Essex **Fully Booked**|
|Essex Shooting School, Woodside, Thornwood Nr Epping|
|13 Dec 2017||Novice Game Shooting opportunity, Derbyshire|
|Kedleston Estate, Kedleston , Quarndon|
|20 Dec 2017||Young Shots Game day|
|Chillington Estate, Chillington Estate, Brewood|
- Airgun guidance and fact sheets
- Applying for a firearm/shotgun certificate
- Certificate Renewals
- Changes to legislation
- Contact Us – Explosives
- Contact Us – Firearms
- Explosives Guidance
- Firearm & Shotgun security – what do YOU do?
- Firearms licensing – where does your force rank?
- Firearms News
- Guidance and fact sheets
- Knives – advice and guidance
- Meet the Team – Firearms
- Police involvement with shooting
- Q&A – Latest proposals for European Firearms Directive
- Related Links
- Services to Members
- Taking firearms abroad
- Trade and consumer advice
- Violent Crime Reduction Act
- Visiting the UK to shoot
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers