BASC is the only UK shooting organisation with a dedicated Firearms Team which can deal with all aspects of firearms ownership whether it be legislative, technical or practical. That’s why you should join BASC today.
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NaBIS) urge shooting community to stay safe. Those who own firearms and use them for work or leisure activity are being reminded to take steps to prevent themselves becoming vulnerable to criminals. Click here for further details
NEW May 2017 – National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) issues good practice guidance to Registered Firearms Dealers. Click here for further details.
NEW May 2017 – Click here to read about changes to UK firearms law brought by the Policing and Crime Act 2017
Latest department publications
To help renew your certificates in time we recommend that you get your renewal applications to the police at least twelve weeks before the expiry of your certificate. Should you receive a police renewal reminder letter prior to twelve weeks, you should adhere to the guidance in the letter to obtain your renewal.
UK’s largest holiday company demands Ethical Consumer group takes down its logo
BASC gives away enough seeds to plant more than 6,000 square metres of wildflower meadow.
Leading companies distance themselves from anti-shooting campaign.
Events & Training Courses
|17 Aug - 20 Aug||DSC1 course - Chippenham Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire|
|Chippenham Park, Chippenham, Ely|
|19 Aug||Pre DSC1 course - Ulverston, Cumbria **Fully Booked**|
|Graythwaite Estate, Ulverston, Cumbria|
|20 Aug||Seafood Supper – West Mersea Oyster Bar|
|West Mersea Oyster Bar, Coast Road, West Mersea|
- Airgun guidance and fact sheets
- Applying for a firearm/shotgun certificate
- Certificate Renewals
- Changes to legislation
- Contact Us – Explosives
- Contact Us – Firearms
- Explosives Guidance
- Firearm & Shotgun security – what do YOU do?
- Firearms licensing – where does your force rank?
- Firearms News
- Guidance and fact sheets
- Knives – advice and guidance
- Meet the Team – Firearms
- Police involvement with shooting
- Q&A – Latest proposals for European Firearms Directive
- Related Links
- Services to Members
- Taking firearms abroad
- Trade and consumer advice
- Violent Crime Reduction Act
- Visiting the UK to shoot
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers