BASC is the only UK shooting organisation with a dedicated Firearms Team which can deal with all aspects of firearms ownership whether it be legislative, technical or practical. That’s why you should join BASC today.
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NaBIS) urge shooting community to stay safe. Those who own firearms and use them for work or leisure activity are being reminded to take steps to prevent themselves becoming vulnerable to criminals. Click here for further details
To help renew your certificates in time we recommend that you get your renewal applications to the police at least twelve weeks before the expiry of your certificate. Should you receive a police renewal reminder letter prior to twelve weeks, you should adhere to the guidance in the letter to obtain your renewal.
Post claiming to show a map of game farms has been published on Facebook.
The performance tables take into account firearm (FAC) and shotgun (SGC) certificate grants and renewals, coterminous renewals and variations.
Landscape provided by grouse shooting “sustains wildlife diversity and provides opportunities for ecotourism”.
Events & Training Courses
|26 Mar 2019||Shotgun Safety Officer Course - Cambridge Gun Club, Cottenham **Fully Booked**|
|Cambridge Gun Club, Chear Fen Farm, Cottenham|
|27 Mar 2019||Pre DSC1 - Thirlmere, Keswick, Cumbria **Fully Booked**|
|Thirlmere Recreation Hall, Thirlmere, Keswick|
|28 Mar 2019 - 31 Mar 2019||Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Target Sport Centre, Charmouth, Dorset|
|The Tunnel Target Sports Centre, The Tunnel, Charmouth|
- Airgun guidance and fact sheets
- Applying for a firearm/shotgun certificate
- Certificate Renewals
- Colin Greenwood 1931-2017
- Contact Us – Firearms
- Firearm & Shotgun security – what do YOU do?
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2016 / 2017
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2017
- Firearms Licensing League Table 2018
- Firearms News
- Guidance and fact sheets
- Meet the Team – Firearms
- Q&A – Latest proposals for European Firearms Directive
- Related Links
- Services to Members
- Taking firearms abroad
- Violent Crime Reduction Act
- Visiting the UK to shoot
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers