Select Page

Taking firearms abroad

The British Association for Shooting and Conservation takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.

This page has been constructed to provide avenues to follow, BASC is not able to advise on foreign laws due to the complexity of keeping our library accurately up to date. Definitive answers about foreign firearms and hunting laws should be obtained from the embassy or consulate of the country concerned.

To find a foreign embassy in the UK click here

UK Government Guidance on the Export of Firearms

This guidance covers export of firearms and ammunition by UK firearm and shotgun certificate holders as well as firearms dealers. This guidance does not cater for the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland or Isle of Man; for further details Click Here.


Finnish wildlife agency

South Africa

South African Police Service – Firearms

The Professional Hunters Association of South Africa (PHASA) website supplies extensive advice regarding hunting permits and local laws. They include information about certain airline requirements and transit through the Netherlands which requires separate permission to carry firearms via connecting flights.


Hunting in Sweden


Q&A’s for non immigrant aliens and firearms i.e. visitors to the USA

Firearm export information

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.