The conservation team helps create a guaranteed future for responsible shooting by: providing members with advice on land and species management; gathering evidence to prove that shooting is vital for conservation; building strong links with conservation organisations and the UK governments to effectively promote shooting. And that is why you should join BASC today.
For specific advice on conservation matters please contact
us on: 01244 573000 or email.
- Through good conservation we can all work to ensure plentiful quarry species while benefiting the wider environment.
- Shooting, as shown by BASC’s Green Shoots programme, is central to landscape scale conservation.
- As shown by the Value of Shooting report, shooting is of major economic, environmental and social benefit to the UK.
BASC and Natural England partnership agreement
BASC has recently signed a partnership agreement with Natural England. This new agreement recognises the importance of shooting’s conservation contribution to the English Countryside.
The agreement has an action plan which sets out a formula for joint working to achieve common aims. This covers matters of importance to shooting and to conservationists such as delivery of the Government’s Biodiversity 2020 programme, coastal access, wildfowling consents and future reviews of general licences which allow the necessary control of certain birds. A particular emphasis will be on how BASC’s Green Shoots programme can be further developed.
To see the agreement click below
UK’s largest holiday company demands Ethical Consumer group takes down its logo
BASC gives away enough seeds to plant more than 6,000 square metres of wildflower meadow.
Leading companies distance themselves from anti-shooting campaign.
Events & Training Courses
17 Aug - 20 Aug
|DSC1 course - Chippenham Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire|
|Chippenham Park, Chippenham, Ely|
|Pre DSC1 course - Ulverston, Cumbria **Fully Booked**|
|Graythwaite Estate, Ulverston, Cumbria|
|Seafood Supper – West Mersea Oyster Bar|
|West Mersea Oyster Bar, Coast Road, West Mersea|
25 Aug - 28 Aug
|DSC1 course - Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland|
|Baronscourt Estate, Baronscourt, Newtownstewart|
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers