BASC monitors scientific journals, environmental, policy and political alerts for the results of studies of relevance to shooting and conservation. Below are links to a selection of papers published in April 2021.
Please follow the instructions on the link below if you would like to subscribe to the BASC Live newsletter which contains our Science Matters update once a month.
- Moult migration, site fidelity and survival of British Greylag Geese Anser anser at Windermere, Cumbria.
- Interrupted incubation: How dabbling ducks respond when flushed from the nest.
- Migratory movements of British and Irish Common Shelduck Tadorna tadorna: a review of ringing data and a pilot tracking study to inform potential interactions with offshore wind farms in the North Sea
- Wader populations on the United Kingdom’s open coast: results of the 2015/16 Non-Estuarine Waterbird Survey (NEWS-III) and a review of population trends
- A comparison of breeding bird populations inside and outside of European Badger Meles meles control areas
- Feeding partridges with organic or conventional grain triggers cascading effects in life-history traits
- Eco-fusion is the new normal, as native and non-native species mix together
- Bilateral antler sequestration above the coronet in a red deer (Cervus elaphus) stag-Insights into the process of antler casting
- Using field sign surveys to estimate spatial distribution and territory dynamics following reintroduction of the Eurasian beaver to British river catchments
- Review of evidence of Interactions between beavers and fish and fisheries in England and Wales
- Lead contamination in tissues of large avian scavengers in south-central Europe
- Perspectives from natural resource professionals: Attitudes on lead ammunition risks and use of nonlead ammunition
- COVID-19 related travel restrictions prevented numerous wildlife deaths on roads: A comparative analysis of results from 11 countries
- Understanding conflicting views in conservation: An analysis of England
- A literature review of the use of environmental sampling in the surveillance of avian influenza viruses
- Coastal peat-beds and peatlands of the southern North Sea: their past, present and future.