BASC’s honours and awards are a great opportunity to celebrate those who go the extra mile to support and promote shooting and conservation.
As the largest shooting organisation in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, BASC constantly strives to fight for sustainable shooting and conservation of the countryside.
- To promote and protect sporting shooting and advocate its conservation role throughout the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- To represent members’ interests by providing an effective and unified voice for sustainable shooting sports.
- To benefit the community by providing education, promoting scientific research and advocating best practice in firearms licensing, habitat conservation, and wildlife and game management.
- To promote the benefits of game as food.
To succeed in our mission, BASC will:
Achieve, enhance, exploit
BASC must create and maintain all-party political consensus in support of sustainable shooting sports and the conservation benefits derived from the shooting sector. Critical to our success is public perception and endorsement across key opinion formers.
Protect, sustain, utilise
BASC must protect and enhance its credibility, financial strength and power base of members, staff and Council to build on its reputation as the UK’s leading shooting and conservation organisation.
The following strategic outcomes combine to build success:
- Cross-party political support: consolidate and expand political support.
- Increase membership: grow the number and diversity of members. Engage members in the fight for conservation and shooting.
- Conservation: shooting is recognised as a leading driver of practical conservation.
- Sector-wide approach: ensure a pan-organisational approach supporting sustainable shooting and conservation.
- BASC brand: BASC is respected as the authoritative voice for shooting sports.
- Standards: driving standards to guarantee sustainable shooting.