BASC has urged all MSPs to vote down the Wildlife Management and Muirburn (Scotland) Bill in a debate taking place tomorrow.
Add your voice to the Value of Shooting
We need you to take part in a vital piece of research which seeks to establish the economic, environmental and social impact of all shooting disciplines in the UK.
The research covers all forms of shooting, from live quarry to target shooting and requires responses from shoots, shooters, shooting businesses and those who take part in shooting in some way but don’t shoot (e.g. beaters, pickers up, coaches and volunteers).
The results of the study will be published in summer 2023 and will be used to lobby government and influence policymakers by quantifying the contribution made by the shooting sector in this country.
Chair of the Value of Shooting steering group and BASC executive director of conservation, Caroline Bedell, said: “This piece of research will help us build a picture of the economic, environmental and social value of shooting in the UK. The aim of the survey is to obtain independent and robust facts and figures that underpin the importance of shooting.
“The previous two reports have proved indispensable in showcasing and defending shooting’s worth and it is now time to revisit and update this research.”
The survey closes on 16 September.
The organisations involved in the Value of Shooting are:
- Association of Professional Shooting Instructors
- British Association for Shooting and Conservation
- British Deer Society
- British Game Assurance
- British Shooting Sports Council
- Countryside Alliance
- Country Land and Business Association
- Clay Pigeon Shooting Association
- Fifty Calibre Shooting Association
- Game Farmers’ Association
- Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Guns on Pegs
- Gun Trade Association
- Historic Breechloading Smallarms Association
- Moorland Association
- National Gamekeepers’ Organisation
- National Rifle Association
- National Smallbore Rifle Association
- Preparatory Schools’ Rifle Association
- Scottish Association for Country Sports
- Scottish Land & Estates
- Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group
- UK Practical Shooting Association
- Vintage Arms Association