BASC Legacy Funded Scholarship Programme
The BASC scheme aims to support and encourage those wishing to develop their knowledge in conservation, land management or gamekeeping, promoting careers in these areas by providing financial assistance to applicants where finance causes an obstruction to education and a future career.
The scheme is open to anyone who wants to develop their knowledge within the UK, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. The applicant or a member of his/ her immediate family must be a current member of BASC.
There is no minimum award, but the maximum award would be £4,500 per annum for the length of the qualification or three years (whichever is the longest). A maximum of two awards will be given each year.
Applications are now open and will close on 1st August 2019.
Application forms are available below – they can be downloaded and then either completed electronically or printed off and completed by hand.
Guidance notes for applicants
The purpose of the BASC Legacy funded scholarship programme is to support and encourage students wishing to study conservation, land management, or gamekeeping.
Promoting careers in these areas by providing financial assistance to students where finance causes an obstruction to education and a future career.
There is no minimum award, however the maximum award to an individual is £4,500 per annum. The maximum period of award is for the length of the qualification, or for three years whichever is the greatest.
There will be a maximum of two awards given each year.
- Applicants must be UK citizens.
- The applicant or a member of his/ her immediate family must be a current member of BASC.
Selection Criteria and Application Requirements:
- Selection will be made by BASC Executive Directors and Executive and Finance Committee using a scoring system.
BASC’s decision is final.
The applicant must:
- Submit a completed application form that will be received by BASC by close of play on Thursday 1st August 2019 ( i.e. 17.00 hours).
Application forms are available below –and either completed electronically or printed off and completed by hand.
Submission of the completed application form can be by post or email, see details at the foot of these guidance notes.
- Provide evidence of own or immediate families BASC membership.
Please do not send in membership cards, please scan or photocopy and send along with your application form.
- Co-operate with BASC in developing and providing input into the promotion and advertisement of the award made, through social media, BASC’s Shooting and Conservation magazine, press releases, the provision of images, and the progress of the successful applicant during this process.
Download your application form
Submission of application forms:
Please submit your completed application form electronically to:
Or by post to:
FAO Sandra Loton-Jones
BASC Legacy Funded Scholarship Programme,
The British Association for Shooting and Conservation
Telephone 01244 573 000