british countryside

Individual licences for wildlife management

General licences grant permission to control some pest bird species. These are issued by each devolved nation. 

Where a species or situation is not covered by a relevant general licence, an individual or specific (Wales) licence can be applied for from the relevant statutory agency to control those species not on the general licences. These licences are granted on a case-by-case basis. 

In England you can also apply for class licences. These will only be granted when there is no other satisfactory solution. 

For any individual licence, you are advised to apply in plenty of time as they can take some time to be processed, depending on the agency and type of application.