England moved to step 3 of the Government’s ‘roadmap to recovery’ from the Covid pandemic. In combination with easing of restrictions at step 1 and step 2, we are able to advise the following:
· All outdoor recreational shooting and conservation activities are permitted
· It is permissible for people to travel into and out of England to take part in recreational shooting activities, and to stay overnight
· Outdoor and indoor sports facilities (including shooting ranges) are permitted to open
· All shops (including gun shops) are permitted to open
· All forms of accommodation are permitted to open. Indoor and outdoor hospitality are permitted, subject to the requirement for ‘table service’ and the ‘rule of 6’ gathering limit
· People can meet indoors, including for sports, in groups up to a maximum of 6 people (‘rule of 6’) or with one other household
· People can meet outside, including for sports, in groups up to a maximum of 30 people
· Formally organised outdoor sports are not be subject to gathering limits if they are compliant with guidance issued by the relevant national governing body. Please note that this does not apply to ‘hospitality services’ such as serving of food and drink which must follow the ‘rule of 6’.
· Some large events, including conferences, theatre and concert performances and sports events will be permitted, subject to venue capacity and gathering limits.
· Mitigations, including workforce testing and continued social distancing guidance will be required.
· Subject to review, all remaining legal limits on social contact lifted.
· Guidance will be published on the steps to take to limit transmission of the virus when social contact is no longer limited.