BASC has urged all MSPs to vote down the Wildlife Management and Muirburn (Scotland) Bill in a debate taking place tomorrow.
BASC Council elections
Do you have the knowledge, experience and drive required to shape BASC’s future direction? Nominations are now sought for two national Council seats coming up for election in 2024.
Regardless of background or length of membership, BASC’s Council needs motivated and capable people. Your skills and experience may make you the ideal candidate. Now is the time to step off the sidelines and stand for one of the most demanding but fulfilling roles in the sector.
Prospective Council members must be ready to:
- develop and own BASC’s strategy;
- hold BASC to account for delivering against the strategy;
- ensure resources and policies align to enable BASC to execute strategy effectively;
- exercise clear judgement and accept real responsibility;
- make tough but impactful decisions critical to the future of shooting and conservation;
- demonstrate integrity and teamwork, always.
Nominations for election must be made formally in writing and submitted to the chief executive before the close of business on Friday 29 December 2023. They must be signed by the candidate, a proposer and a seconder, who must all be members of the association and entitled to vote.
To find out more about what is expected of a Council member and to obtain a nomination pack, you can either download the pack below or request a copy from firstname.lastname@example.org
BASC Council elections 2024 pack
BASC Annual General Meeting 2023
The BASC AGM 2023 was held Saturday 20 May 2023 at BASC Head Office, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham LL12 0HL.
To view the agenda and financial statement for 2023 please login below, minutes of the meeting are available by clicking here.