Read about shooting agreements, permissions and consents, including links to download template documents.
Bid now for a truly unique wildfowling experience
Sealed bid Auction: Three days’ guided wildfowling at Lindisfarne, with food and accommodation for two Guns. Proceeds to benefit BASC’s Young Shots Wildfowling events.
Once again, BASC Wildfowl and Wetlands Department, Newcastle Wildfowlers Association and the legendary Sir Johnny Scott are offering a lucky bidder and a friend, the chance to experience a fully guided wildfowling trip on this iconic, Purdey Award-winning part of Northumberland’s coastline.
The lot includes three night’s accommodation at The White Swan Inn in Lowick, meals, and fully guided morning, tide and evening flights over three days, all in the company of Sir Johnny Scott and his wildfowling friends during the peak shooting time.
This really is an opportunity not to be missed. Competition will be high, as will the bids, so dig deep for this great cause.
In recent years, bird counts in this area have ranged from up to 13,000 Pink-footed geese and up to 23,000 Wigeon.
The dates are 23rd – 26th of October 2023 which are fixed due to the tidal requirements to make the most of this fantastic opportunity.
Estimate: £2500 - £3500
Thank you for your interest in this truly fantastic auction.
Please send your bid to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your bid.
Bids will be held on record until close of the auction should a secondary bidder be required.
Be aware no personal details other than initial of first name and surname will be shown in any external communication.
Bidding will close at 12:00 on Thursday 31/08/2023.
The winning bidder will be contacted within 24hrs of bid closure, confirming he or she is the highest bidder and for payment confirmation.
BEFORE BIDDING, PLEASE READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW
- Bids will be accepted by email to through the email@example.com in a sealed bid format.
- An email receipt will be sent to the bidder confirming the bid receipt.
- The winning bidder will be notified by e-mail within 24hrs of the auction closing date and time (12:00 31/08/2023) and the bidder will be put in contact with the donor after payment has been received.
- Payment should be received within two days of being notified of a successful bid. Payment can be made by debit or credit card or by direct bank transfer through BASC’s accounts department on 01244 573 067. Alternatively, payment can be made by cheque payable to “BASC” and sent to the: Accounts department, BASC, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham LL12 0HL.
- If full payment has not been received within one week of notification, the sale may be rescinded without any notice being given to the buyer. The rights and title to the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer and will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- The lot is being sold according to the description which is subject to alteration until the point of sale. Neither the organiser nor the donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of the Lot, or for any fault or defect in it. The organiser or the donor give no warranty whatever to any buyer in respect of any Lot where quarry numbers are mentioned. The figures are indicative only and refunds will only be paid in the event that a lot is withdrawn by the donor.
- Purchasers of the wildfowling trip are asked to ensure that any person who takes part is a safe and experienced shot, is physically fit and fully covered by Third Party insurance. The donors reserve the right to see evidence of insurance cover and if the purchaser of the Lot, or any of his/her guests, shoots dangerously, to discontinue the activity without notice or compensation.
- Where appropriate, the onus is on the buyer to contact the donor or his representative and arrange mutually convenient times to meet for shooting. BASC can accept no further responsibility for the arrangements.
- To avoid causing difficulties for the donor, we expect the buyer to take up the Lot at the specified dates stated in the Lot description. These are picked specifically to allow for the best opportunity of success and access for the bidder.