I have wild boar on the land where I shoot and the land owner has given me permission to shoot them. Do I need to have my firearms certificate endorsed by the police to shoot wild boar?

Yes you should get your FAC conditioned by your Firearms Licensing Dept. Although some people may argue that you can shoot wild boar under a vermin or general estate wildlife management authorisation, from a peace of mind it is best to get the authorisation first rather than risk a potential prosecution or difficulty in future renewals of your FAC.

Close Menu