Celebrate the Glorious Twelfth and everything great about shooting sports by sending us your #twelfie
BASC has relaunched its #twelfie photographic competition to herald the start of the grouse shooting season.
This is your chance to get involved and show off your photography skills this season.
Whilst the Glorious Twelfth traditionally celebrates the red grouse season in the UK, the #twelfie competition celebrates everything glorious about sporting shooting.
This year #twelfie aims to bring modern day social media together with our historic shooting traditions and support our great sport and heritage, along with the hard work it contributes to conservation each year.
We want to show that whether you’re on a grouse moor, in a pigeon hide, a high seat or stuck in the office – on the Glorious Twelfth we stand united in support of all our fieldsports and say let’s have #NoMoorMyths
To enter, simply upload your photos to the link below and we will do the rest!
The winner will receive:
- 1 Leather and Canvas gunslip
- 1 Leather and Canvas cartridge bag
- 250 Eley game cartridges
The runner up will receive:
- 250 Eley game catridges.
Cartridges are available in 20 or 12 bore (the winner must possess a valid shotgun certificate).
Rules of submission:
- By submitting your photographs to this competition, you give BASC permission to use your photographs in press releases, articles and campaigns for the advancement of shooting and conservation.
- When submitting photographs, please enter your Twitter handle and email into the designated space so that we can tag you into the tweet and please retweet your photo when it is tweeted. Submissions that do not fulfil both of these criteria will not be accepted.
- Submissions will be accepted from August 12 to August 31. Submissions made before or after this time will not be accepted, but may still be used in BASC’s image archive.
- Please keep possession of the highest quality version of your images, free of watermarks or logos, so that you can provide us with them. The winner will be announced on 1st September.
Best of luck
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers