Shotgun Safe Shot - Practical Test
- BASC Shotgun Safe Shot provides those that take it with a chance to demonstrate a confident and safe use of shotguns in a field based situation.
For example – one of the principal causes of accidental shootings is the failure to get over gates and fences safely. But how should you do it safely, especially if you are on your own? This is one of the key practical elements in the Safe Shot award.
The Safe Shot assessment is not a training course – it was designed with the knowledgeable live quarry shooter in mind to give an overview of the correct use and management of a shotgun; however, a certificate is issued. Since the scheme’s launch at the CLA Game Fair in 1998 many thousands of people have successfully taken the award and proudly wear their Safe Shot pin on their shooting attire.
There are two ways to be awarded BASC Safe Shot:
- Visit one of the many game fairs around the country where BASC has a presence on the shooting line (you can find details of these events on the events page of this site). Safe Shot takes about 20 minutes and costs only £20 – please confirm availability before attending to avoid disappointment.
- Attend and pass an assessment arranged in your local area. BASC can provide you with a list of qualified BASC Safe Shot Assessors (see link below) with whom you can arrange an assessment.
To be awarded the Safe Shot badge you must complete the following:
- A short multiple-choice question paper on safety
- An empty gun handling section, including crossing an obstacle
- Prove that you can load and fire the gun safely at a clay target from a shooting cage
Register of Safe Shot Assessors
Shotgun Safe Shot Safe Shot Online Theory Test Find out more Shotgun Safe Shot Find out more Related pages
Eye Dominance Eye Dominance is a phenomenon that affects many people from birth or can appear over time, especially with the onset of middle age,
Airgun Club Safety Officer This course is designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required to undertake the task of Safety Officer,