BASC Airgun Coaches
This course is designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required to undertake the task of Safety Officer; to know the standard expected and be able to set up an airgun range stand safely at a green field or club field site.
Candidates who complete the modules and meet the required level of skill and knowledge in the assessment will be issued with the BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer certificate. The BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer Award comprises a minimum of one day’s training for people who already have experience in handling airguns and setting up club range events/competitions, along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas. The course is not designed for novices.
The course covers:-
- BASC Safety Officer role and responsibility
- Health and Safety implications; why and how a risk assessment must be performed
- How to perform a ground inspection on green/brown sites
- Knowledge of different airguns and ammunition
- Knowledge of the legal issues
- Range operation, location, target direction and fall out
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
BASC members £100
Non-BASC members £130
Experience in handling different types of airguns and setting up club range events/competitions, along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas.
For more info contact Training and Education Department on 01244 573018