The aim of this course is to equip the candidate with the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness required to undertake the task of Safety Officer and to know the standard expected and be able to set up an airgun range stand safely at a green field or club field site.
On completion of the modules, the candidate will be issued with the BASC Airgun Club Safety Officers certificate, subject to meeting the required level of skill and knowledge in the assessment. The BASC Airgun Club Safety Officers Award comprises of a minimum of one day training for people who already have experience in handling airguns and working setting out club range events/competitions along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas. The course is not designed for novices.
The course covers:-
- BASC Safety Officer role and responsibility
- Health and Safety implications and know why and how to perform a risk assessment
- What is required to perform a ground inspection on green/brown sites
- Knowledge of different airguns and ammunition
- Knowledge of the legal issues
- Range operation, location, target direction and fall out
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
- £100 BASC members
- £130 Non BASC Members
Experienced in handling different types of airguns and working in, and setting up club range events/competitions along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas.No Events