This course is designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required to undertake the task of Safety Officer, knowing the standard expected and being able to set up an airgun range stand safely at a green field or club field site.
On completion of the modules, candidates who meet the required level of skill and knowledge in the assessment will be issued with the BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer certificate. The BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer Award comprises a minimum of one day’s training for people who already have experience in handling airguns and setting up club range events/competitions. Some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas is required. The course is not designed for novices.
The course covers:-
- The BASC Safety Officer role and responsibilities
- Health and Safety; why and how a risk assessment must be performed
- Performing a ground inspection on green/brown sites
- Knowledge of different airguns and ammunition
- Knowledge of the legal issues
- Range operation, location, target direction and fall out
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
- £100 BASC members
- £130 Non-members
- You must be 21 years of age or over to register for this course.
- Experience of handling different types of airguns
- Experience of setting up and running club range events and competitions
- Understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas.
|10 Oct 2019||Airgun Club Safety Officer - Mendip Shooting Ground, Wells, Somerset||Mendip Shooting Ground, Park Farm,Wells|
|24 Oct 2019||Airgun Club Safety Officer - Pete's Airgun Farm, Essex||Pete’s Airgun Farm, Ongar Road,Chelmsford|
|29 Oct 2019||Airgun Club Safety Officer - Humberside Shooting Ground, Humberside||Humberside Shooting Ground, CATWICK LANE,BRANDESBURTON|
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
Charge Non- Members
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||
40% course cost
30% course cost
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||
75% course cost
60% course cost
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||
100% course cost
100% course cost