BASC has provided the secretariat for the APPG since its inception in 2002. Meeting in Parliament up to six times a year, the group provides the opportunity to discuss and promote the interests and issues regarding shooting and conservation with members from both the House of Commons and the House of Lords and from all political parties. A variety of speakers present to the group exploring topical concerns and questions at each meeting.
The officers of the group are elected at an annual AGM and the current officers are as follows:
- Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP
- Gavin Shuker MP
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Cunningham of Felling DL
- Jim Shannon MP
- The Lord Dear QPM
10th July 2018: Firearms licensing – a police officer’s perspective.
- Shooting and the EU – Brexit and beyond (May 2018)
- The Game Board Alliance – a new initiative for the game market (March 2018)
- Commercial game shooting – a view from sporting agents (January 2018)
For more information please contact Sophie Hutchinson – Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07584 685 142