All Party Parliamentary Group on Shooting and Conservation
BASC has provided the secretariat for the APPG since its inception in 2002. Meeting in Parliament up to six times a year, the group provides the opportunity to discuss and promote the interests and issues regarding shooting and conservation with members from both the House of Commons and the House of Lords and from all political parties. A variety of speakers present to the group exploring topical concerns and questions at each meeting.
The officers of the group are elected at an annual AGM and the current officers are as follows:
- Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP
- Mark Tami MP
- The Rt Hon. The Lord Cunningham of Felling DL
- Jim Shannon MP
- The Lord Dear Kt QPM DL
- Discussion on the impending Home Office consultation on firearms (July 2019)
- Medical involvement in firearms licensing – a solution?” (June 2019)
- Big Bags – What should Shooting Do? (March 2019)
For more information please contact Jak Abrahams – email / 07970 210 428
BASC’s online Welsh election platform allow you to lobby your local parliamentary candidates ahead of Senedd elections on 6 May.
All Party Parliamentary Group on Shooting and Conservation BASC has provided the secretariat for the APPG since its inception in 2002. Meeting in Parliament up