Shooters need a strong voice at the heart of Government and we provide this by maintaining support for sporting shooting in Whitehall, in political parties and in Europe. At Westminster we regularly brief MPs, encourage them to participate in the sport and provide the secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Group on Shooting and Conservation.
The BASC political affairs team works to promote the interests of shooting at Westminster, in the devolved parliaments and in Brussels. For more information on our political programme please call 01244 573031 (office hours). The press office can be contacted on 01244 573052 or email us.
- Together we are stronger and can make your voice heard where it counts.
- BASC is all-party, well-informed, evidence based, constructive and worth working with.
- BASC is the largest and best resourced shooting organisation with the expertise and the critical mass to do the job.
- BASC protects your right to own and use legitimate firearms through the work of our expert firearms team (the only dedicated firearms team in a British shooting organisation).
In this section, you can find out about our work in Westminster, what the major political parties have to say about shooting and how to lobby your own MP.
Where does your representative stand on shooting?
- Parliament & shooting sports
- National Assembly for Wales
- Scottish Parliament
- Northern Ireland Assembly
- Police and Crime Commissioners
Funding will support conservation efforts on the Dyfi.
A tagged hen harrier that went missing last year has possibly been found alive.
Presenter forced to retract claims that protected lapwings are being shot in the UK.