BASC is based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s).
An application for membership shall be taken as irrefutable proof of assent to be bound by the Rules and Constitution for the time being of the Association, as interpreted by the Council, whose directions therein shall be final and binding on members of the Association. The full wording on the Constitution is available on the BASC website.
In return for your annual subscription, you will receive the following member benefits, exclusive member offers and member communications.
Member Insurance cover
Brokers: Marsh Ltd, Underwriter: Zurich
As a BASC member you automatically receive the following insurance package:
- Up to £10 million Legal Liability Cover
- Up to £10 million Employer Liability Cover
- Up to £10 million Product Liability Cover
Firearms appeals legal expenses insurance
Brokers: Aim Risk Services, Underwriter: Antares
Up to £250,000 of cover
Personal accident insurance
Brokers: Marsh Ltd, Underwriter: Chubb
Up to £50,000 cover for Capital benefits only
BASC telephone and email helplines and web pages
Specialist teams at BASC that are on hand during office hours and online web pages 24/7 to give you help and advice on:
- Deer stalking
- Game Shooting
- Pigeon shooting
- Shooting opportunities
- Training courses
- Young Shots
All members will have access to a range of exclusive member-only offers that will be published in Shooting and Conservation magazine and/or on the BASC website.
- exclusive discounts on cars and 4x4s
- specialist insurance for working dogs, guns and accessories, shoot cancellation, professional shooting cover, cars, ATVs and trailers and more
- discounts from BASC Trade member gun shops, shooting grounds and other businesses
- BASC member-only shooting opportunities with wildfowling clubs, stalking schemes, game shooting syndicates and game and rough shooting clubs
- discounts on BASC training courses and some events
All members will be sent by post:
- a new member pack upon joining and a renewal membership pack prior to renewal
- notice of the Associations Annual General Meeting and/or Special General Meetings
- voting papers and instructions on how to vote for their choice of candidate(s) in BASC council elections
- a copy of Shooting and Conservation magazine every two months
All members will also receive updates by email, social media, BASC website or Shooting and Conservation magazine on key issues relating to shooting or conservation, which the Association deems important and that could impact shooting or conservation, including, but not limited to:
- cold weather bans or shooting restrictions.
- animal disease and virus outbreaks.
- lead shot.
- game rearing.
- anything that could restrict the ownership or use of sporting firearms by legislation.
- any other proposed changes to law that will affect our members.
- events in your local area.
- exclusive BASC member-only offers (as listed above).
- conservation matters.
- surveys relating to the membership package.
Members can stop receiving email updates or Shooting and Conservation magazine at any time by following the unsubscribe link in email communications, contacting the Data Protection Officer by post: BASC, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham LL12 0HL or emailing email@example.com
- We value our members and deliver services and benefits second to none.
- Members come first – we strive to continually improve member benefits.
- BASC has the networks and means to effectively engage tens of thousands of members on key matters of policy for shooting.