The BASC gundog team is here to help any member who owns or plans to own a working dog. Specifically the areas we can help with are:
- Guidance on choosing the right breed of dog for you and your shooting
- Guidance on training and behaviour
- Help finding somewhere to train your dog
- Guidance on food and diet
- Gundog health and welfare advice
BASC strongly recommends that anyone who goes shooting should be accompanied by a trained and competent gundog. Using a well-trained gundog ensures that everything possible has been done for the humane recovery of the quarry and shows a responsible attitude. Furthermore, the ownership and delight in working a well-trained gundog is an enjoyable pastime in itself.