Join BASC’s Northern Ireland Advisory Committee
Help promote and protect shooting by joining BASC’s Northern Ireland Advisory Committee
BASC is calling for expressions of interest for its Northern Ireland Advisory Committee (NIAC)
Interested parties must share BASC’s strategic objectives as set by BASC Council.
- Cross-party political support: Preservation and expansion of political support.
- Increased membership: A significant growth in the number of members and the engagement of those members in support of shooting and conservation.
- Sustainability and public acceptance: The provision of food and conservation through shooting recognised by the public as an acceptable and sustainable activity.
- Conservation: BASC respected as a leading conservation body.
- Sector-wide approach: A coherent pan-organisational strategy to sustain shooting sports.
- BASC brand: Enhanced BASC brand respected as the authoritative voice for shooting and conservation.
- Standards: BASC ‘centre of excellence’ as an attitude of mind:
- Internal efficiency, high standards and high morale.
- Best practice understood and exercised across the sector.
Committee members will be required to work with a broad-brush approach with recommendations and/or advice provided to BASC council based on summaries or general updates from the committee chair and/or vice chair.
- A good general understanding of current issues affecting shooting and conservation in Northern Ireland.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, in writing, electronically and verbally both in person and via electronic communication systems.
- Should have an established network of contacts within the Northern Ireland shooting community, within their particular area of the sport.
- Where and when required, assist with specific projects and events, e.g. sustainable ammunition days.
- Act as ambassadors for BASC within the wider shooting community.
- To promote high standards in shooting and conservation and compliance with the law and relevant codes of practice.
Role specification (person) requirements
- Evidence of involvement in conservation related projects.
- Evidence of involvement in a range of shooting interests and related activities, e.g. game shooting, wildfowling, deer management, gundogs, target shooting, reloading etc.