BASC is advising members that driven game shooting in England can not resume until December 3 after the government updated its advice.
There had been uncertainty around the scheduled end of the Covid-19 lockdown after the Prime Minister and others originally suggested England would return to a tiered system of lockdowns on December 2.
The government advice now says: “The new measures will apply nationally for four weeks up to and including Wednesday 2 December. At the end of that period, we will return to a regional approach, based on the latest data.”
Garry Doolan, BASC’s deputy director of communications and public affairs, said: “There was a great deal of uncertainty and confusion around the end date for lockdown and BASC contacted the offices of various ministers and MPs last week to get clarity. Shooting, like everything else, needs to be able to plan ahead, especially in the middle of the game season.
“The government has now provided definitive advice that December 2 is expected to be the final day of lockdown and the restrictions will be in place throughout the entirety of December 2.
“That means that, as we stand, driven game shooting should be clear to resume on December 3 unless other restrictions are brought in. BASC will continue to update our own advice on the Coronavirus pages on the website so that members have the latest information to hand.”