300g pork sausage meat
300g leftover raw mixed game meat, ﬁnely chopped
½ tsp ground mace
One tsp dried thyme
½ tsp crushed juniper berries
¼ tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
350g homemade or shop-bought puﬀ pastry
Two egg yolks, beaten
Two tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F/Gas four.
- Place the sausage meat in a bowl with the chopped game, mace, thyme, juniper and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Sprinkle your work surface with ﬂour.
- Roll out the pastry to about 40cm x 25cm.
- Work the sausage meat into an even, long roll and place along one side of the pastry.
- Brush the exposed pastry with egg, then roll over and crimp the join together with a fork.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Cut into 5cm lengths and place on non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until risen, puﬀed and golden brown.
This recipe was provided by Taste of Game