Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
Events & Training Courses
|30 Apr 2017 - 01 May 2017||Broadlands Country Show|
|Broadlands, Broadlands Park, Romsey|
|30 Apr 2017||Engaging Gauges for Ladies|
|Blackpool Sporting Clays, Greenhalgh, Nr Kirkham|
|04 May 2017||Airgun Club Safety Officer Course - Essex Shooting School|
|Essex Shooting School, Woodside, Thornwood Nr Epping|
Gamekeepers and members of a number of shoots across North Wales joined local volunteers to brush up their grey squirrel control skills at a training event organised by BASC.
A mink-trapping training day run by BASC was attended by seven members of the local community in the Alyn and Wheeler Valleys Living Landscape Area.
2016 has been a challenging year for your association but despite this there were significant achievements and we look forward to building on these in 2017. I would like to thank you for your continued support and making this possible.
A snapshot of BASC have achieved in 2016. A membership of over 148,000 know the value of BASC.
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Deer
- Events – Game and Gamekeeping
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- So you want to be a Gamekeeper?
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £100,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.