Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
Gamekeepers’ Welfare Trust STAG Training Course
This half day course has been specifically designed for gamekeepers ghillies and stalkers and those with management responsibilities within the gamekeeping profession and shooting community.
The course covers 3 sessions:
- Professional Journey
- Mental Health & coping Strategies
- Team Motivation
Serious side to “highly enjoyable day” was the promotion and preservation of shooting sports.
Training will prepare candidates to undertake the DMQ Wild Boar Qualification assessments.
Assurances have been received from government that any challenge will be ‘robustly defended’.
Events & Training Courses
26 Jul 2019 - 28 Jul 2019
|The Game Fair 2019|
|Hatfield House, Great North Rd, Hatfield|
27 Jul 2019 - 30 Jul 2019
|Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Silverstone Shooting Centre, Northants **Fully Booked**|
|Silverstone Shooting Centre, Northants, Staplegate Farm, Crowfield|
30 Jul 2019 - 01 Aug 2019
|New Forest Show - Brockenhurst, Hampshire|
|New Forest Show, New Park, Brochenhurst|
31 Jul 2019
|Young Shots Introduction to Field Sports - Suffolk|
|Glemham Hall, Glemham Hall, Woodbridge|
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Gundogs
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- up to £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- up to £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- up to £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.