Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
BASC tells MPs proposed ban on .50 calibre rifles would take away a “legitimate, lawful and safely-conducted sport”.
Come and have your say at question and answer session.
Come and see sporting cartoonist Bryn Parry’s latest works – bronze sculptures of two of his well-known cartoons – at the BASC stand at the Game Fair.
Events & Training Courses
22 Jul 2018
|Airgun Club Safety Officer - Reading, Berkshire|
|Reading, TBC, Reading|
23 Jul 2018 - 26 Jul 2018
|RWAS - Royal Welsh Show 2018|
|Royal Welsh Show Ground, Llanelwedd, Builth Wells|
24 Jul 2018 - 27 Jul 2018
|New Forest and Hampshire Show|
|New Forest Show, New Park, Brochenhurst|
27 Jul 2018 - 29 Jul 2018
|The Game Fair|
|Ragley Hall, Ragley Hall, Alcester|
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Deer
- Events – Game and Gamekeeping
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.