Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
BASC appeals to members ahead of World Curlew Day.
Instruction is in response to a statement issued by Lincolnshire Police.
Feedback from members will inform BASC’s opposition to proposed changes.
Events & Training Courses
19 Apr 2018 - 22 Apr 2018
|Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Greenlee, Haltwhistle, Northumberland|
|Hill House Field Cottage, Blenkinsop, Haltwhistle|
20 Apr 2018
|S&CBC Clay Event - West Kent Shooting School|
|West Kent Shooting School, Old Hay (off Pearsons Green Road), Paddock Wood|
21 Apr 2018
|S&CBC Event at Six Mile Bottom|
|Six Mile Bottom Shoot, The Green Man, London Road|
22 Apr 2018
|Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading - BASC NI Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim|
|BASC Northern Ireland, 33 Castle Street, Lisburn|
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Deer
- Events – Game and Gamekeeping
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- So you want to be a Gamekeeper?
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.