Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
TWO members are celebrating after each won a new Browning shotgun in the latest ‘Member Get A Member’ gun draw.
Online auction to raise funds to engage with and educate young people about the countryside and fieldsports raises £12,500.
BASC condemns dumping of dead pheasants and ducks in Northern Ireland
Events & Training Courses
21 Jan 2018
|"Game On" Taste of Game event **CANCELLED**|
|Food Sorcery WatersideHotel & Leisure, Wilmslow Rd, Didsbury|
25 Jan 2018
|BASC North Novice Game Day|
|Whitrigg Estate, hutton in the Forest, Penrith|
25 Jan 2018
|Novice Game Day - Cumbria|
|Whitrigg Estate, Hutton in the Forest, Penrith|
25 Jan 2018
|8 course Game-themed taster supper - Cornwall, South West|
|The Springer Spaniel, Treburley, Launceston|
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Deer
- Events – Game and Gamekeeping
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- So you want to be a Gamekeeper?
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.