Game and Gamekeeping
The BASC Game and Deer team provide expert and practical advice to help you develop your shoot and your shooting. Join us now.
For specific advice please contact the Game and Deer Department on 01244 573019 or email
- To promote high standards and good game conservation practice throughout game shooting and gamekeeping.
- To provide advice on all aspects of game, habitat and shoot management through bespoke publications and the provision of expert advice.
- To work with, and provide advice to, UK and European government agencies on aspects of game shooting and game management.
- To provide shooters and gamekeepers with professional full-time representation.
- To ensure that gamekeeping and game shooting activities are proportionally treated within exotic disease planning and disease outbreak management.
Gamekeepers’ Welfare Trust STAG Training Course
This half day course has been specifically designed for gamekeepers ghillies and stalkers and those with management responsibilities within the gamekeeping profession and shooting community.
The course covers 3 sessions:
- Professional Journey
- Mental Health & coping Strategies
- Team Motivation
Show will be held on 26th and 27th May.
Twelve week online consultation will launch in the summer.
Work carried out to protect vulnerable species like red squirrels and water voles is a “team effort”.
Events & Training Courses
25 May 2019
|Heathfield Agricultural Show – East Sussex|
|Little Tottingworth Farm, Broad Oak, Heathfield|
25 May 2019
|The Countryside Clay Shoot 2019|
|West Wycombe Estate, West Wycombe Park, High Wycombe|
26 May 2019 - 27 May 2019
|Highclere Country Show - Berkshire|
|Highclere Castle, Highclere Castle, Highclere|
29 May 2019 - 01 Jun 2019
|Royal Bath & West Show - Shepton Mallet, Somerset, SW|
|Royal Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Royal Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet|
- Game and Gamekeeping
- Advice and Fact Sheets
- Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS)
- BASC Members Insurance
- Biodiversity and Green Shoots
- Contact Us – Game & Gundogs
- Fox snaring
- Game Shooting
- How to make a ladder trap
- Lead and Non-Lead Shot
- Meet the Team – Game & Deer
- Poaching and Rural Crime
- Quarry Species & Shooting Seasons
- Related links
- Rural land purchase and management
- Shooting leases and shooting agreements
- £10 million liability insurance for your shooting
- £250,000 legal expenses cover for firearms appeals
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- Free firearms technical helpline
- Free legal liability helpline
- Exclusive offers
Head of game and deer management
01244 573 019 email
Glynn is head of game and deer management. Before coming to BASC he was a fulltime keeper for over 25 years working on estates in Gloucestershire and Norfolk including over 20 years on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.