24 Aug 2018
The course is designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required to identify and manage safety-related issues on a clay pigeon shoot, specifically those on green field sites.
This is not a course in shoot management; its scope is limited to issues relating to safety, in particular risk assessment. In applying the knowledge and skills learnt on the course, the Safety Officer should always determine with the person(s) responsible for the overall shoot management their exact limits of responsibility, accountability and authority.
The course comprises six modules followed by a practical assessment and written examination:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Shotguns and cartridges
- The law and shotgun shooting
- Clay trap safety.
• An experienced clay or game shooter with knowledge of a large variety of sporting targets.
• Must have held a shotgun certificate for a minimum of four years.
• Experience with automatic and manual clay pigeon traps.
• Ability to complete complicated forms.
• Must be over 21 years old.
In order to ensure that this course is right for you and for details of how to book please contact Jane Hatton in the Training & Education Department on 01244 573018.
£100 BASC members
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserves the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notice of cancellation as soon as possible before the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that any accommodation you book is on a refundable basis as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates if the course is cancelled.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non- Members||Members|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost||100% course cost|
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Pre DSC1 - BASC Scotland, Trochry **Fully Booked** - 27 Feb 2019
- Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - BASC Scotland, Trochry **Fully Booked** - 28 Feb 2019
- Shotgun Safety Officer Course - BASC Scotland, Trochry - 6 Mar 2019
- Shotgun Safety Officer Course - BASC Scotland, Trochry - 23 Aug 2019
- Pre DSC1 - BASC Scotland, Trochry - 23 Oct 2019