20 Oct 2018
Hill House Field Cottage
This course is designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills of basic rifle shooting as required for the Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 (DSC1) shooting assessment. It is ideal for the beginner or novice shot planning to undertake the DSC1.
Safety issues will be dealt with in a classroom before candidates move on to the range for practical instruction covering shooting positions and rifle technique. You will have plenty of time on the range using various centre-fire rifles and practising the shooting test positions. There will also be time for discussion and explanation of other areas of the DSC1 course and assessments.
You do not need to have a Firearms Certificate or your own rifle. Rifles and ammunition will be provided. If you have your own rifle, you may bring it to use it on the course provided you also bring your current FAC and suitable ammunition.
Must be 18 years or over
BASC members £125
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserves the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to notify candidates of cancellation as soon as possible before the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that any accommodation you book is on a refundable basis, as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates in the event the course is cancelled.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost|
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Carcass & Butchery - Haltwhistle, Northumberland - 6 Oct 2018
- Pre DSC1 Course - Haltwhistle, Northumberland - 20 Oct 2018
- Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - Haltwhistle, Northumberland - 21 Oct 2018