03 Jun 2019
BASC Head Office
The aim of this course is to equip the candidate with the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness required to undertake basic rifle shooting as required for the Deer Stalking Certificate 1 (DSC1) Shooting Assessment. It is an ideal course aimed at the beginner or novice shot to improve shooting ability prior to undertaking the DSC1.
There is no requirement for you to have a Firearms Certificate or your own rifle. Safety issues will be dealt with in a classroom before moving on to the range for the practical aspects which will deal with shooting positions and rifle technique. The course will offer the candidate plenty of time on the range using various centre-fire rifles and to practise the shooting test positions.
There will also be some time for discussion and explanations of other areas of the DSC1 course and assessments
Rifles are available and ammunition will be provided. You may of course bring your own rifle; if you do please bring with you your current FAC.
Must be 18 years or over
BASC members £125.00
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost|
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Firearms Awareness Training (Shotgun) - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 27 Apr 2019
- Pre DSC1 - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 3 Jun 2019
- Firearms Awareness Training (Air Rifle) - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 4 Jun 2019
- Firearms Awareness Training (Rifle) - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 5 Jun 2019
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 15 Jun 2019
- Introduction to Woodpigeon Shooting - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 7 Sep 2019
- Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 11 Sep 2019
- Sporting Rifle Module 3 (small game & lamping) - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 12 Oct 2019