13 Oct 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Askham Bryan College
The wildfowling workshops offers an informative mix of guest speakers and practical sessions.
Guest speakers include: –
- A regional and national wildfowling update from James Green, BASC Head of Wildfowling
- An international update including Wigeon, Pochard and the principles of adaptive harvest management by Richard Hern from WWT.
- A presentation from Lindsay Biermann, our PhD student investigating wildfowling disturbance on the Exe
- Wing survey update from Heather Warrender
- BASC regional update by Gareth Dockerty
The afternoon will feature a few breakout sessions including
- A wing workshop at which you will have the opportunity to learn how to age and sex different duck and goose wings. (Please bring any wings you have collected as part of the wing survey along to this workshop).
- The BASC shooting simulator will be there to offer a friendly competitive element
- Members of the WLC committee will be on hand to discuss issues affecting our sport.
- Online bag recording and Green shoots mapping training will also be available.
Join us for an informative and enjoyable look at the fantastic sport of wildfowling and meet those trying to safe guard it for future generations.
Gentle reminder – Please, please bring any wings you have collected so far this season with you, for the research to be meaningful we require as much support as possible from across the country and throughout the season.
Costing just £10 per person and including lunch and refreshments it represents fantastic value for money.
Spaces are limited – book now to avoid disappointment. Booking is via Eventbrite.co.uk. Click here for tickets
For more information email Liz.firstname.lastname@example.org
**NB Bookings are made through Eventbrite which is a 3rd party online platform and as such BASC cannot be held responsible for any activity resulting from its use. If you prefer not to use Eventbrite to book please contact the South West office on 01884 260 910
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.