9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Great opportunity for BASC members to attend a Lantra Shotgun Level 2 Loaders Course in the South East – Nr Chichester. A L Rural are offering members 10% discount on bookings for the course on Tuesday 20th June. The cost for BASC members for the day is £157.50.
This one day Loaders Course – Shotgun Level 2 is available to you if you have previous knowledge and experience in shooting. The course has been designed to consolidate and progress your existing shotgun field shooting skills as involved in the loading and assisting role. You may progress on to engagement as loaders and assistants in formal game shooting, either recreationally or linked to a work role requirement.
The Loaders Course – Shotgun Level 2 course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding so that you can use the shotgun confidently and most importantly safely. This is a Level 2 course and candidates will have experience of shotguns. Candidates do not need to bring ammunition or guns as this will be provided by the shooting school or ground. No live ammunition is permitted within the classroom under any circumstances. The instructor will handle and administer ammunition on the shooting ground. Candidates will be permitted to handle, strip and clean the shotguns as directed by the instructor.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the professional role of the shooting loader
- Appreciate the importance of appropriate standards of behaviour and etiquette in the shooting field
- Identify main quarry species
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sporting shotgun consistent with the role of the loader
- Understand firearms legislation of relevance to the loader
- Undertake shotgun cleaning and appropriate maintenance consistent with the role of the loader
- Demonstrate safe shotgun handling and loading routines consistent with the use of a single gun
- Demonstrate safe shotgun handling and loading routines consistent with the use of a pair of guns
- Appreciate the process of risk assessment relevant to formal driven shooting
- Demonstrate the management of risk by applying health and safety measures as a loader.
- The role of the shooting loader
- Standards of behaviour and etiquette in the shooting field
- Quarry identification – status and context
- Shotgun knowledge (loader)
- Firearms legislation (loader)
- Shotgun and equipment maintenance (loader)
- Loading routines, safe handling and use: single gun
- Loading routines, safe handling and use: double guns
- Risk assessment and planning for health and safety
- Shooting loader: applied health and safety – managing risk
Please bring your own hearing, eye and head protection, plus suitable outdoor clothing.
9am – 5.30pm Approximately
Tea and coffee provided – lunch not provided.