23 Sep 2017
Glenwherry Hill Farm
The aim of the course is to provide the candidate with an introduction to pigeon shooting. The day will cover the following:-
- The law and general licences
- Quarry identification
- Safety when shooting in hides
- Reconnaissance and hide building
- Respect for quarry
- Pigeon shooting equipment
- Decoys and their use
- Hide discipline
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Refreshments will be available but lunch is not provided.
BASC members £45
Non BASC members £65
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non- Members||Members|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost||100% course cost|
If you have problems with booking online please call Liz Ridgway or Nicola Lloyd Williams on 01244 573018 to book over the phone.
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.