17 Nov 2017 - 18 Nov 2017
The intermediate deer course is a two day course designed as a step between DSC1 and DSC2 and the aim is to prepare students for the DSC2, and help any DSC1 holder gain further practical experience.
The course is designed to show the safe and correct way of shooting deer, retrieving, gralloching, inspecting and lardering the carcass. It allows everyone to be supervised on their first kill and provides practical experience in preparing the carcass for human consumption.
On completion of this course you will be issued with the BASC Intermediate Deer Course certificate (subject to passing the assessment).
The BASC Intermediate Deer Course comprises of:-
- Stalking the deer or shooting from a high seat
- Taking the shot and reaction to shot
- Approaching the deer and follow up
- Extracting and transporting the carcass
- Gralloching and inspection of the carcass
Pre course requirements
- Current BASC membership
- DSC1 certificate holder
BASC Members £260.00
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non- Members||Members|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost||100% course cost|
If you have problems with booking online please call Liz Ridgway or Nicola Lloyd Williams on 01244 573018 to book over the phone.
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members
This event is fully booked.
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Intermediate Deer Course - Baronscourt, Newtownstewart **Fully Booked** - 2 Nov 2018
- Intermediate Deer Course - Baronscourt, Newtownstewart - 9 Nov 2018
- Carcass & Butchery, Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland - 8 Dec 2018
- DSC1 Course - Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland - 22 Feb 2019