16 Jun 2017 - 19 Jun 2017
Thirlmere Recreation Hall
The BASC DSC1 courses are designed for the sportsman or woman who has recently taken up stalking and is seeking further advice and guidance. The courses will provide an insight into and a wider understanding of deer stalking techniques and deer management. The successful delegate will be awarded the Deer Management Qualifications Deer Stalking Certificate One and Large Game element of Wild Game Meat Hygiene requirements to meet the Food Hygiene regulations 2004.
If bringing your own rifle, it must be a deer legal calibre. Ammunition should be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition), a .22 centrefire ammunition bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000 ft lb muzzle energy. Rifles will be provided for those who do not own one.
- Accommodation or lunch each day is not included in the cost of the courses.
- The course fee includes DSC1 registration with the awarding body.
- The training manuals will be sent on receipt of your course fee and booking form.
- BASC reserves the right to remove a candidate or halt the course due to unsafe or inappropriate behaviour or situations.
- Please note that no training takes place on the course for the shooting assessment and therefore is not suitable for beginners. If training is required for the shooting assessment you might like to consider a Pre DSC1 course.
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost|
Please note that there will be a non-returnable charge of £27 for the training manual in the event of cancellation.
An experienced candidate may wish to undertake the assessment only, without the training. This is possible by booking onto an assessment day only, further details and costs are available from the Sporting Services department contact: 01244 573018.
For further information on the DSC1 Assessments and DSC1 Question Banks please follow the link below:-
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members