23 Feb 2018 - 26 Feb 2018
This entry level course is designed to provide an insight into deer ecology, habitat, management and legislation.
DSC1 is recognised by many land owners and estate managers throughout NI as a prerequisite for prospective stalkers.
The safe handling and use of deer calibre rifles is an integral part of the course which includes both a safety assessment and a shooting assessment.
The main part of the course is delivered by Nick Lane, BASC’s Best Practice Resource Development Officer. Nick is also Head of BASC’s Deer Assessment Centre.
The firearms and wildlife law presentations are delivered by our own BASC NI director Tommy Mayne who has significant experience in dealing with the PSNI’s Firearms and Explosives Branch on behalf of our members.
Tommy has 30 years’ experience with full bore firearms and has previously been involved in the delivery of training for the Department of Culture Arts and Leisure (DCAL), Northern Ireland Forest Service and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) Humane Slaughter Team.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Deer Management Qualification Deer Stalking Certificate (DSC1). This qualification satisfies the Large Game element of Wild Game Meat Hygiene requirements as set out in EU Regulations 178/2002, 852/2004 and 853/2004.
£290.00 (BASC Members Only)
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||£95.40|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||£163.80|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||£255.00|
Please note that there is a non refundable charge for the DSC1 manual of £27.00. The DMQ registration fee of £35.00 will be refunded when not transferring.
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members
If you have any problems with booking on the course please contact Liz Ridgway or Nicola Lloyd Williams on 01244 573018.
This event is fully booked.
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Intermediate Deer Course - Baronscourt, Newtownstewart **Fully Booked** - 2 Nov 2018
- Intermediate Deer Course - Baronscourt, Newtownstewart - 9 Nov 2018
- Carcass & Butchery, Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland - 8 Dec 2018
- DSC1 Course - Baronscourt Estate, Newtownstewart, Northern Ireland - 22 Feb 2019