23 May 2019
Field Sports UK
The aim of this course is to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required to undertake the task of Safety Officer, knowing the standard expected and being able to set up an airgun range stand safely at a green field or club field site.
On completion of the modules, candidates who meet the required level of skill and knowledge in the assessment will be issued with the BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer certificate. The BASC Airgun Club Safety Officer Award comprises a minimum of one day’s training for people who already have experience in handling airguns and setting up club range events/competitions. Some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas is required. The course is not designed for novices.
The course covers:-
• The BASC Safety Officer role and responsibilities
• Health and Safety implications; why and how a risk assessment must be performed
• Performing a ground inspection on green/brown sites
• Knowledge of different airguns and ammunition
• Knowledge of the legal issues
• Range operation, location, target direction and fall-out
• Written assessment
• Practical assessment
£100 BASC members
• Experience of handling different types of airguns
• Experience of setting up and running club range events and competitions
• Understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas.
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserves the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to notify candidates of cancellation as soon as possible before the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that any accommodation you book is on a refundable basis, as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates in the event the course is cancelled.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non- Members||Members|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost||100% course cost|
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.