24 Jun 2017
Humberside Shooting Ground
The aim of this course is to equip the candidate with the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness required to undertake the task of Safety Officer and to know the standard expected and be able to set up an airgun range stand safely at a green field or club field site.
On completion of the modules, the candidate will be issued with the BASC Airgun Club Safety Officers certificate, subject to meeting the required level of skill and knowledge in the assessment. The BASC Airgun Club Safety Officers Award comprises of a minimum of one day training for people who already have experience in handling airguns and working setting out club range events/competitions along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas. The course is not designed for novices.
The course covers:-
• BASC Safety Officer role and responsibility
• Health and Safety implications and know why and how to perform a risk assessment
• What is required to perform a ground inspection on green/brown sites
• Knowledge of different airguns and ammunition
• Knowledge of the legal issues
• Range operation, location, target direction and fall out
• Written assessment
• Practical assessment
£100 BASC members
£130 Non BASC Members
Experienced in handling different types of airguns and working in, and setting out club range events/competitions along with some understanding of Risk Assessment in these areas.
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non- Members||Members|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% course cost||100% course cost|
- Ammunition must be factory produced (no home loaded ammunition). .22 centrefire ammunition must be bullet weight 50 grain or more and 1,000ft lb muzzle energy.
- Members who hold a current FAC will be required to produce it for inspection at BASC courses or events.
- All members will be required to sign the Section 21 declaration at each course or event prior to shooting.
- Members must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 1968 Firearms Act or under Article 63 2004 Firearms (N Ireland) Order.
Course only available to BASC members
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.