25 Feb 2020
BASC Head Office
The course is aimed at equipping the candidate with the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness required to identify and manage issues pertaining to safety on a clay pigeon shoot, with specific reference to shoots on green field sites.
This is not a course in shoot management, and limits its scope to issues pertaining to safety, and particularly risk assessment. In applying the knowledge and skills learnt on the course, the Safety Officer should always determine with the person(s) responsible for the overall shoot management their exact limits of responsibility, accountability and authority.
It comprises six modules followed by a practical assessment and written examination: roles and responsibilities; health and safety; risk assessment; shotguns and cartridges; the law and shotgun shooting; clay trap safety.
Pre course requirements
• An experienced clay or game shooter with knowledge of a large variety of sporting targets.
• Held a shotgun certificate for a minimum of 4 years.
• Experience with automatic and manual clay pigeon traps.
• Ability to complete complicated forms.
• Must be over 21 years old.
In order to ensure that this course is right for you and for details of how to book please contact Jane Hatton in the Training & Education Department on 01244 573018.
£100 BASC members
£130 Non BASC members
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Charge Non Member||Charge Member|
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)||£25||£25|
|2nd Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date AND in exceptional circumstances)||£50||£50|
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date||40% course cost||30% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date||75% course cost||60% course cost|
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date||100% courses cost||100% course cost|
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
More events at this location:
- Shotgun Safety Officer - BASC Marford Mill, Wrexham - 25 Feb 2020
- Pre DSC1 - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 8 Mar 2020
- Deer Stalking Certificate 1 - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 9 Mar 2020
- Advanced Airgun Hunter course - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 17 Mar 2020
- Wild Boar Certificate - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 18 Mar 2020
- Firearms Awareness Training (Shotgun) - BASC Marford Mill, Wrexham, North Wales - 25 Apr 2020
- Firearms Awareness Training (Rifle) - Marford Mill, Wrexham, North Wales - 2 Jun 2020
- Pre DSC1 - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 3 Jun 2020
- Emergency First Aid At Work (EFAW) - BASC Marford Mill, Wrexham, North Wales - 20 Jun 2020
- Introduction to Woodpigeon Shooting - BASC Marford Mill, North Wales - 5 Sep 2020
- Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading - BASC Marford Mill, Wrexham, North Wales - 9 Sep 2020