Top five services for deer management offered by the Game and Deer management team are:
1. Providing exclusive deer stalking opportunities for members at reasonable cost through deer stalking schemes.
2. The provision of information and advice to members on a wide range of subjects including:
- Deer management
- Wild boar
- Firearms for deer
- Stalking equipment
- Shooting leases
- Deer legislation
- Game meat hygiene
- Communicable diseases including FMD and blue tongue
3. Working with a range of external stakeholders, including Defra on best practice for deer and wild boar to ensure BASC presents the best possible public face to our activities.
4. Working with a wide range of agencies, including Defra, during communicable disease outbreaks to ensure deer stalkers’ interests are represented and protected.
5. In collaboration with BASC’s professional media team, provide balanced media input to issues affecting the management of large mammals in the UK.
Developing and providing training on deer related subjects including the use of dogs for tracking deer.
- Providing informative displays and access to staff experts at events such as game fairs and at members’ evenings or roadshows.
- Providing exclusive deer stalking opportunities for members at reasonable cost through deer stalking schemes.
- Developing new services in response to research projects including –
- – Head measuring service
- – High seat usage
- – Butchery training
- – Venison handling