Green Shoots Mapping
The Green Shoots Mapping and Bag Recording website has been created by BASC to provide both an excellent online mapping, wildlife recording and shooting diary with a simple way to enable members to assist us to protect and promote shooting and conservation.
Using Green Shoots Mapping helps provide evidence to show government, the media and the public that shooting makes a huge contribution to conservation and a healthy environment because we use that information to:
- Identify, plan and promote conservation projects that enhance shooting and conservation and contribute to local, national and international conservation goals
- Support the Association’s work for shooting sports and species and habitat conservation
- Demonstrate that shooting is a positive force for conservation and is sustainable.
As user of Green Shoot Mapping you can:
- use Map It to map where you go shooting against Ordnance Survey or aerial background mapping
- use Seen It to provide records of wildlife and habitats, both on and off your shooting areas on a regular basis
- Use Custom Maps to create annotated maps of your shoots showing whatever you wish, such as planning your shoot management (for example locations of flightlines, drives, pens, feeders, high seats etc.), access maps (for example safe routes onto the hill or saltmarsh, meeting points etc.) or confirming the boundaries of your shoots with others.
- Use Bagged It to record your shooting trips and then make reports from those entries or just download them to an excel sheet.
We have developed the website to maximise compatibility with a wide range of IT equipment. If you have any issues or just questions about Green Shoots Mapping contact us. You might like to checkout our FAQs page too.
Click on the button below to go to the Green Shoots Mapping website and make a difference for both you and your sport.
If you have queries about the website or Green Shoots please email us.