BASC monitors scientific journals, environmental, policy and political alerts for the results of studies of relevance to shooting and conservation. Below are links to a selection of papers published in July 2017. Please email us if you think we have missed anything.
- Game Meat Hygiene – Chapter 4. Campylobacter spp. carriage in wild game pheasants (Phasianus colchicus) in Scotland and its relevance to public health.
- Game Meat Hygiene – Chapter 11. Health plans for wild gamebirds.
- An alternative view of moorland management for Red Grouse Lagopus lagopus scotica.
- Scenarios of habitat management options to reduce predator impacts on nesting waders.
- The benefits of hedgerows for pollinators and natural enemies depends on hedge quality and landscape context.
- Reasons for adoption and advocacy of the ecosystem services concept in UK forestry.
- Divergent visions of wildness and naturalness in a storied landscape: Practices and discourses of rewilding in Scotland’s wild places.
- Using ecosystem engineers as tools in habitat restoration and rewilding: beaver and wetlands
Please email us if you would like to subscribe to Science Matters – BASC’s monthly research review.