BASC monitors scientific journals, environmental, policy and political alerts for the results of studies of relevance to shooting and conservation. Below are links to a selection of papers published in January 2018. Please email us if you think we have missed anything.
- Hunter opinions on the management of migratory geese: a case of stakeholder involvement in adaptive harvest management.
- The breeding performance of raptors in urban landscapes: a review and meta-analysis.
- Mercury associated neurochemical response in Arctic barnacle goslings (Branta leucopsis).
- Habitat characteristics associated with occupancy of declining waders in Polish wet grasslands.
- The effect of environmental gradients on the bed site selection of roe deer (Capreolus capreolus).
- Vantage point counts and monitoring roe deer.
- Landsharing vs landsparing: How to reconcile crop production and biodiversity? A simulation study focusing on weed impacts.
- Estimating the potential effects of pesticide seed treatments on the reproductive success of arable birds.
- A user’s guide to coping with estuarine management bureaucracy: An Estuarine Planning Support System (EPSS) tool.
- A framework for integrating systematic stakeholder analysis in ecosystem services research: Stakeholder mapping for forest ecosystem services in the UK.
- More wilderness for Germany: Implementing an important objective of Germany’s National Strategy on Biological Diversity.
- Zoonotic bacteria and parasites found in raw meat-based diets for cats and dogs.
Please email us if you would like to subscribe to Science Matters – BASC’s monthly research review.