BASC has submitted ideas to the Welsh Government on how to make best use of a £6 million nature fund to help manage land and water to benefit nature, create new job opportunities and support communities in Wales.
In drawing up its ideas BASC attended workshops and worked in partnership with other conservation organisations. BASC has submitted ideas covering:
- grant schemes to farms with shoots to improve habitat connectivity and quality
- extending the Green Shoots project in North Wales to all of Wales
- developing shooting in the uplands to help achieve conservation targets
- water vole conservation through mink control and habitat creation
- conservation of Greenland white-fronted geese in Wales
More details will be provided when the Welsh government announces details of the application process in the New Year.