Shoot Advisory Visits
Following numerous requests, we have developed an advisory service where an experienced member of the game and gundog team will visit your shoot and give expert guidance and advice on the ground. This is then backed up by a detailed report.
During the visit we will examine a wide range of options to help you improve your shoot, including:
• Rearing and releasing birds – release pen design, construction and location
• Increasing your returns on the birds you release
• Feeding and how to hold birds on your shoot
• Habitat management and creation – flushing points etc.
• Cover crops and creating new drives
• Driving covers and improving the quality of the birds from different drives
• Providing variety on the shoot day from different game species
• Pest and predator control
• Setting up a shoot on virgin land & shoot viability
• Assessing your shoots potential
• and much more.
The cost of an advisory visit for BASC members is £450 + VAT including the report (Please note: additional charges may apply if an overnight stay is required).
This advisory service is also available for non-members at a price of £600 + VAT. If you would like further information or would like to book a visit please contact us on 01244 573019 or email.
Feedback from the shoots we have visited include:
“We have already surpassed last year’s bag after just two shoots” Terry’s Lodge Shoot, Kent
“We were delighted with your shoot visit a couple of years ago. You created an extra drive for us out of nowhere that has been producing good birds all season” Nick Lambert, Three Woods Shoot, Hampshire
“The Improvement has been fantastic we would all like to thank you for you valuable input, we instigated all your recommendations and we would recommend your services as invaluable and value for money to any shoot” Derick Parker, Stapleford Shoot Captain, Nottinghamshire
“Your comprehensive report gave us all the confidence to make substantial changes to the drives, pens, and areas of cover crop” John Barbour, Sussex
Shooting leases and shooting agreements To secure your shooting opportunity, BASC strongly recommends that you take out a lease or shooting agreement with your landlord.
Visiting the UK to shoot Visitor’s firearm and shotgun permit procedure To visit Great Britain with a firearm you will need to apply for a
Spent and Misfired Cartridge Disposal What sort of waste are spent shotgun cartridges? According to guidance from the Environment Agency (EA), spent shotgun cartridges are