Shoot Advisory Visits
Following numerous requests we have developed an additional advisory service whereby an experienced member of the game and deer management team will visit your shoot and give expert guidance and advice on the ground. This is then backed up by a detailed report. During the visit we will examine a wide range of options to help you improve your shoot including:
• Rearing & releasing birds – release pen design, construction & location
• Increasing your returns on the birds you release
• Feeding & how to hold birds on your shoot
• Habitat management & creation – flushing points etc.
• Cover crops & creating new drives
• Driving covers & improving the quality of the birds from different drives
• Providing variety on the shoot day from different game species
• Pest and predator control
• Setting up a shoot on virgin land & shoot viability
• Assessing your shoots potential
• and much more.
The cost of an advisory visit for BASC members is £450 + VAT including the report (Please note: additional charges may apply if an overnight stay is required).
This advisory service is also available for non-members at a price of £600 + VAT. If you would like further information or would like to book a visit please contact us on 01244 573019 or email.
Feedback from the shoots we have visited include:
“We have already surpassed last year’s bag after just two shoots” Terry’s Lodge Shoot, Kent
“We were delighted with your shoot visit a couple of years ago. You created an extra drive for us out of nowhere that has been producing good birds all season” Nick Lambert, Three Woods Shoot, Hampshire
“The Improvement has been fantastic we would all like to thank you for you valuable input, we instigated all your recommendations and we would recommend your services as invaluable and value for money to any shoot” Derick Parker, Stapleford Shoot Captain, Nottinghamshire
“Your comprehensive report gave us all the confidence to make substantial changes to the drives, pens, and areas of cover crop” John Barbour, Sussex
African Swine Fever What is African Swine Fever? African Swine Fever (ASF) is an infectious and usually fatal disease that afflicts members of the pig
Muzzle Loading This branch of the target-shooting sports has been growing in popularity over the past few years. It involves using either original old guns,
Dealing with Heat Stroke First-aid – Heat stroke Hot dogs Vet REBECCA BAILEY explains how to avoid heat stroke, recognise the symptoms, and what to